There is a strong link in the research between self-regulation and student academic achievement in schools. Self-regulation extends beyond the walls of a classroom and provides students with the strategies to be life-long learners.
This translation focus will help teachers move their thinking toward authentic and rich learning experiences using cognitive engagement of students through self-regulated learning strategies.
To help you start we have provided you with the presentation from the Launch and a range of starter references, including videos and research articles.
- High performing students regulate their own learning
- A Review of Self-regulated Learning: Six Models and Four Directions for Research
- Learners for life – OECD
- Pen principle 8: Embrace errors to improve learning
- Youtube: Self-regulation skills: Why they are fundamental.
- Encourage SRL in the classroom: A review of the literature
- Metacognition in the classroom
- The Self-Regulation Module by the University of Connecticut